We are always looking for new talents. Feel free to send us your CV and a general expression of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position as Industrial PhD student in Informatics with a specialization in data science within the premium and luxury fashion and retail industry. As an industrial graduate student in INSiDR you will be employed by Eton. In addition, you will be admitted to the PhD study programme in Informatics at Jönköping University.
During the five years of PhD education, you will spend 80% of your working time on dissertation work, such as
- Planning and cunducting research work
- Analyzing, writing and publishing scientific papers in high quality journals
- Participation in research level courses
- Participating in national and international conferences and workshops
- Organizing and writing the PhD thesis
Global retail in general, and hence Eton, is currently in a disruptive transformation driven by rapid digitalization, entailing both increased online sales and a new retail landscape with new retailers like global e-tailers and marketplaces, but also a new marketing landscape with social media and programmatic marketing. This requires a producing legacy brand like Eton to become fully consumer oriented and assume control of all aspects of business and marketing, i.e. end-to-end all the way to the consumer, both in our own direct channels, but also in strategic partnerships with re-sellers.
The PhD project that you will undertake focuses on how data-driven solutions for automated decision support can be utilized in, and help to manage, the digital transformation in the premium and luxury fashion industry. An important objective is to use big data and advanced analytics to optimize and drive sales across all channels, increase customer satisfaction and realize corporate commercial strategies. Examples of problems that the project will address are:
- Based on our consumers, their preferences and fashion trends, which styles should be designed and how can the assortment be optimized?
- How can Eton optimize the assortment in each channel, i.e. have the right products, at the right place at the right time? Which actions need to be taken?
- In our online store, how can we recommend the right product to the right consumer at the right time, based on consumer needs and preferences?
Technically, the project will employ algorithms and methods from data science, typically big data, machine learning and artificial intelligence. Typical task will be hands-on analyses on large volumes of transaction and customer level data and complex data structures; manipulating and cleansing data, performing statistical analysis and developing decision support solutions. A crucial aspect of the project is that all data analysis is performed in a business context, where other non-quantitative factors like relationships, experience and perception need to be considered, to ensure that solutions have the desired impact, in addition to theoretical value. You will thus be strategically placed within Eton, with possibilities to influence business development and make a real difference, as part of our growing team.
The remaining 20% of your time will be spent on work at Eton, related to your PhD project. This includes:
- an active role in development and set-up of the big data cloud based strategy, ensuring that all valuable data needed for the analysis are stored in a structured way
- integrating the solutions into the existing digital sales systems at Eton
- validating, optimizing and measuring the sales impact, including live testing of solutions
In addition, you will play an important part in developing new ways of working, i.e. designing the target organization needed to realize the full potential of the new digital solutions. Finally, you will communicate your results within the organization, making sure that your thesis project is well-aligned with the other strategies and ongoing development projects.
The core formal qualifications needed for the position are to fulfil the requirements for admission to doctoral studies at Jönköping International Business School. These requirements consists of passed examination at advanced (masters/second) level and fulfilled course requirements of at least 240 credit points (ECTS credits), 60 of which should be at advanced level, or equivalent competences acquired in some other way within or outside of Sweden. Requirements also include a Bachelor degree, consisting of at least 90 credit points (ECTS credits, 3 terms) in a relevant subject area for the position. The doctoral programmes at JIBS are conducted in English. The applicant must show proof of fluency in English, both written and spoken. Please note that a Swedish 1-year master (magister) degree in a relevant subject is sufficient, provided that it also includes a bachelor degree diploma.
For this PhD project, the required core skills are:
- Solid educational background with excellent academic achievements in quantitative studies, within fields like data science, advanced analytics, machine learning/deep learning artificial intelligence, applied mathematics or related subjects
- Deep knowledge of probability theory and statistics
- Data processing, analysis and modelling tools like R, Python, Spark, SQL, SAS, Google Big Query or similar
- Excellence in programming
- Strong communication skills; ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
In addition, the following skills are desirable:
- Solutions for distributed storage and processing of big data like Hadoop or similar - Work experience in an analytical or quantitative business environment, where the equivalent combination of education, training and work experience will be meriting, e.g.Experience from roles like analyst, business development, developer, executive manager or similar are meriting
- Examples of industries are retail and/or eCommerce, fashion, management and/or technical consultant, IT services, tech start-ups etc.
- Data visualization tools like. Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Domo or similar
- Web Analytics and intelligence tools like Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, BrightEdge or similar.
- Experience in leading and executing projects and meeting deliverables
- Other valuable skills include enterprise architecture management, business process management, corporate finance and business analytics.
- A candidate should possess intellectual curiosity and a genuine interest in data science and generating insights, but equally important is a passion for driving business and being entrepreneurial. You should have excellent analytical skill, be a strategic thinker and a creative problem solver. Also, you should have strong interpersonal credibility, reliability, and service mentality with high ethical standards. You must be prepared to take an active part in the transformation of Eton, and this entails working closely together with both business executives and digital management at the company.
Terms of Employment
The PhD position entails full-time employment at Eton, Borås, with an initial 2-year fixed-term contract, which will be converted to a permanent position, subject to sufficient progress of the PhD studies. In total, the PhD study time is limited to a maximum of five years. As an industrial graduate student in INSiDR you will be required to attend PhD courses and workshops at both University of Borås and Jönköping University, in addition to your daily work at Eton.
Starting date: September 2018
Application and selection procedure
Application is open until May 22nd.
Applications to the PhD project, and the associated position at Eton, should be uploaded via the application form
For questions about the PhD project, please contact the academic supervisor or Eton.
Supervisor contact: Ulf Seigerroth, Professor, School of Engineering,
Jönköping University, email@example.com
Eton contact: Erik Hedlund, firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about INSiDR or the PhD studies, please contact:
Jenny Balkow, INSiDR Director of School, University of Borås,
email@example.com, +46 70 191 48 19
We decline contact with advertisers and staffing companies.
With the transformation to an omni-channel business model and the objective of a cohesive end consumer brand experience, Eton is now aiming to enhance the in-store experience. We are looking for a Visual Merchandiser to communicate the ETON look into a visual experience as well as to increase sales in-store in order to support our overall business. The Visual Merchandiser will work within the Marketing team and closely with all Eton Brand Stores as well as retail partners.
The Marketing dept. is responsible for the Eton brand, creating a brand experience in all valid touchpoints as well as driving traffic towards our wholesale customers, Eton brand stores & own e-commerce. We strive to always offer our end consumer a premium Eton experience.
We are looking for a Visual Merchandiser with an eye for fashion and a perfectionist mindset. Are you able to communicate the ETON look into a visual experience and are you ready to travel to our stores all around the world?
Your job is to present our garments in an attractive way and to follow up on sales activities to ensure that our good looks pay off. You will be responsible for shop windows and in-store displays. You will also train and coach your colleagues onsite about visual merchandising, styling and garment presentation. Strong communication skills in English are highly required.
• To ensure the perfect presentation of the store at all times; it has to be attractive and commercial
• Monthly style update-mailings to our brand stores and selected b2b customers
• To develop and implement Eton’s visual merchandising standards and guidelines
• To be aware of the customer profile, the product potential and the commercial strategies on the market
• To communicate with the team about new products, merchandising changes and make suggestions regarding out-of-stock garments.
• To continuously report to the manager (Global Visual Merchandiser) and support him in specific managerial store duties
• To occasionally assist in the styling for the image campaign photo shoots
Key requirements to succeed in the role:
• Have full awareness about trends and a good sense of men’s fashion
• Excellent understanding of visual merchandising tools and optimization of sales
• Structured and process driven mindset
• Always looking for improvements
• You love challenges and solving problems Your profile:
• Excellent communications skills, both in Swedish and English
• Good knowledge in Photoshop and keynote.
• Ability to prioritize within tasks and plan your daily work
• A team player that can also work individually and take responsibility for achieving results
• Enjoys a fast-paced environment
• Likes to travel
• Education in fashion or visual merchandising
The position is based in Stockholm and is a full-time employment from 1st of December. Are you the right candidate? Send your application including CV, cover letter and portfolio to Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org. We need your application before 10th of November, but we will look for candidates throughout the whole hiring process.
Eton, founded in 1928, is world leading in the market for premium shirts and accessories. The products are sold in Eton Brand Stores as well as department stores, in independent retailers and online. Eton has a total of 1,500 points of sales in over 50 markets around the world. The headquarter is located in Gånghester, Borås. For more information, visit www.etonshirts.com