Accessibility statement for Eton
Eton is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
We take the following measures to ensure accessibility of Etons’ WebStore:
- We are continuously doing improvements
- We are doing continuous user testing with disabled users, using Jaws and VoiceOver
- We have an assigned an Accessibility Officer
- We have integrated accessibility into our procurement practices.
We will do the following:
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff
- Include people with disabilities in our design personas
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Etons’ WebStore is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Etons WebStore. We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Etons WebStore:
- Phone: +46105006010
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Postal address: Stora vägen 8, 507 71 Gånghester, Sweden
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Etons WebStore is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
Desktop Windows - Latest two major versions of: Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge with JAWS.
Desktop Mac - Latest two major versions of: Chrome, Safari or Firefox with VoiceOver.
Iphone - Safari and VoiceOver.
Some testing has been done using Talkback on Android mobile phones, but the site should not be considered Talkback compliant.
Accessibility of Etons WebStore relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Eton has assessed the accessibility of Etons WebStore by the following approaches:
- User testing using Jaws and VoiceOver
- Code audit using Lighthouse in Chrome web browser
- Expert reviews
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Etons WebStore, there are some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below. Known major limitations for Etons WebStore:
- The site is not fully WCAG 2.1 AA compliant
- The site needs more landmarks in order to be more easily browsed.
- Hidden items are read out loud in Voiceover
- The site needs skip links that skip to main content
- The menu has problems both in Jaws and Voiceover
- Focus is not visible
- Sort function is not working in Jaws.
- The site has known minor problems, which are all listed in the Evaluation report.
For a full review of all known problems, see the ETON Evaluation report.
An evaluation report for Etons WebStore is available at:
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Eton’s E-Commerce Director
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 5 business days, and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to the national authority, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.
This statement was created on the 30th of April 2020.